A tiebreaker of some sort is needed, but we the people of Wise County should decide who that person is.
A tiebreaker of some sort is needed, but we the people of Wise County should decide who that person is.
I know of a better way than appointing a tie breaker, why not make the chairman's seat the tie breaker. He would have no voting privilege until a tie breaker is needed. Then he/she would cast the deciding vote. It is the way our senators do it. The vice president is the tie breaker there. Why not follow the example of our U.S. Senate? I guess that is too simple. Again, another reason our boards need to be "purged" of the stupidity.
True, but if you look at it, it makes perfect sense. That is the biggest reason he is elected vice president, aside from being the successor to the presidency in case the president is incapacitated in some way or dies in office.
LOL of course in the case of the board electing a member to only break ties but otherwise never vote it would creat a board with an odd numbers and would never need to vote.
In the case of the SB or BOS no one would get elected chair becouse each side would try to elect someone from the other camp in order to elemanate there vote and avoid a tie in the 1st place.
Back to the point what exactly did the SB do? best I can tell they appointed an unelected member to beak ties which sounds alittle funny but it seems WC is alittle touched in the head as it is so.....
Touched in the head ain't what I would call it. I just plain out call it a case of the dumb s hits.
The addition of an at-large member would be the best solution.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks